Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My father died 34 years ago and I have had him cremated and…

Customer Question
Hello. My father...

Hello. My father died 34 years ago and I have had him cremated and have a plot at Fawkner cemetery and also have it so as my mum with dimentia can share when she passes ... I once saw an article in the newspaper how some of these plots had expired, I rang and they said my dad's was ok and now I received a phone call today to say that it's over 25 years since dad was cremated and I need to pay more money for an extra 25 years $2,500 or $3,500 for a forever time.... I am on a pension ... I a,

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Pas what ... we are talking 34 years

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes I am on a pension and am worri d how I will find this money, let alone can't understand why more money after all this time..

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Australia Law
8/7/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 1 year ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Afternoon

Do you have any documentation from when you bought it?

I need to know what the contract said.

Can they send you anything for me to look at?