How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Your Own Question
Daniel, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5774
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Daniel is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Do you know Australian laws, In Victoria, No my daughter was

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** you know Australian laws
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: In Victoria
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No my daughter was threatened by her father
JA: Were the police contacted? Is there an active case or investigation?
Customer: No he does not like her relationship with a female trying to become a boy. He claims if she doesn't break up with him and return home to his house by 12 midday tomorrow he will get an intervention order against the boyfriend. I don't believe he can do this and am trying to reassure her. I suggested if she lives full time with me. She is 16 and we have 50% shared care. She can stay safe from dads threats and in her relationship if that is her choice
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: Victoria
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He threatened to send her to boarding school also. Which he probably can't afford. If I am her full time guardian I don't believe he can do that either.
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.


I am a Solicitor here in Australia.
He cannot seek such an order from what you said. Only SHE can seek a restraining order against herself should she wish to do so, which clearly she does not.

Secondly, she is 16, she can reside wherever she wants. There is no longer an issue regarding custody.

That simple.

I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.