Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I was wondering if employers can request you go to a doctor…

Customer Question
Hi there, I was...

Hi there, I was wondering if employers can request you go to a doctor to receive medical attention such as a blood test and demand to know the results. This is no way related to my job as I work for a large Insurance company where medical testing is not required at all. I feel very violated and that its very invasive of my privacy

Lawyer's Assistant: Was this discussed with a manager, HR, or an attorney?

Yes with a manager

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment "at will," union, full time, or part time?

Part time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes that this is in regards ***** ***** sinus issue i have that i am waiting too see a specialist for, my manager knows this and these said issues have started to reduce dramatically so it is out of the blue that she has requested me go get a blood test and to tell her my results and demanding to know where i am on the waiting list for the specialist.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Australia Law
8/5/2017
Solicitor: Daniel, Solicitor replied 1 year ago
Daniel, Solicitor
Hello
No, such requests are not reasonable and thec results have no bearing at all in respect of your employ.It is a complete invasion of privacy.Ignore their requests. You can speak with the fair work ombudsman if there is further issue.Please click accept and rate my service (with the stars). I am able to answer further questions after doing so at no further cost.