How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Your Own Question
Daniel, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5778
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Daniel is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex partner has made several accusations of inappropriate

Customer Question

my ex partner has made several accusations of inappropriate child misconduct against me. These accusation include me allowing my four year old daughter to touch my penis and my current partner and performing sexual acts in view of my girls.
JA: Are there any minor children from the relationship? What is the custody situation?
Customer: They are four and seven.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: have been investigated by Childrens safety, and the police searched my home recently.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Each time it has been found that the allegations were untrue. The latest claim, where my house was searched was impossible. The claim involved the girls being able to see into our bathroom from the lounge and uss having a bath. ts not possible to see into the bathroom from the lounge and we dont have a bath. i was told by the detectives on that day that it would be difficult to pursue falkse allegations claims against my ex as it appeared she had made the claims through some third poarty. There is a lot of road blocks to me proving it was my ex who made these claims.
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.
In some instances, it is sometimes the child making up such stories, they tell their teacher at school and the like.With your daughter being 4, this is impossible really, but maybe it can be said for the 7 year old.I know this is hard to accept or could be WAY of the mark, but with the police saying a third party, it could be the school.It just could be your ex partner being spiteful.Road blocks is the operative term sadly.There is not much that can be done in this instance really. You can perhaps make a freedom of information claim against the police to obtain some information, or speak with the school.
You may also see if you can make a defamation claim against the mother but that is remote.I know the above is hard to accept, but it is common for such allegations being out to the other parent.Please click accept and rate my service (with the stars). I am able to answer further questions after doing so at no further cost.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Please click accept / rate my service (WITH THE STARS). I am able to answer further questions after doing so at no further cost to you

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Daniel,
I wasn't really impressed by your answer. I already know more than what you have said. I can also tell you that a freedom of information request to access information from the police will fail. The identity of reporters of child offences are heavily protected. Same goes for the school.Your 'advice' was some guesses and information that I already know will fail.I wont be paying you for that.