Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I had an order to pay 3000 to the courts for fines and had…

Customer Question
Hi, i had an...

Hi, i had an order to pay 3000 to the courts for fines and had missed the past couple months, i have only received one letter today stating i have a warrant, in the circumstances i was homeless, income was significantly lower than Usual and was placed on low income health care
Gambling and alcohol additions.
I have the sufficient funds now to pay what is owed up to date and more and would like to pay these couple payments and the next 6 months and to continue paying this off as i have also begun studying at tafe and imprisonment would mean a complete loss of income work and career
. At the time i had unexpected large outlays in funds to school fees at very short notice and was unable to find sufficient time to contact the courts. Transitioning from work to school, becoming homeless and earning a very low income in the past couple months. Things are back on track now and i am receiving new start allowance from centerlink in which can be utilised for upcoming and upfront payments. Please i really don't want to go to jail over a couple missed payments. I would really like to have this warrant removed and for me to cover the late payments and continue paying this off. Please help

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?

Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I have received a letter in the mail saying i have to pay 2800 thats overdue immediately

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Australia Law
8/4/2017
Solicitor: Daniel, Solicitor replied 1 year ago
Daniel, Solicitor
Hello
It is a warrant for your arrest for non payment. It is not that serious, so relax, you are not going to jail.
Hand yourself in and explain yourself to the court.
You can pay the fines now, you have capacity to do so.
Legal aid can help as you will be entitled.Please click accept and rate my service (with the stars). I am able to answer further questions after doing so at no further cost.

I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.