John Melis,
Experience:  Principal Lawyer at Legal AU Pty Ltd
99270703

ALL LAND IN AUST IS UNDER THE CROWN--IF & WHEN THE REPUBLIC

Customer Question

ALL LAND IN AUST IS UNDER THE CROWN--IF & WHEN THE REPUBLIC IS IN PLACE --DOES THIS MEAN THAT THE CONSTITUTION WILL BE THROWN OUT --PLUS THE REMOVAL OF THE CROWN FROM ALL LAND--MEANING WE THE PUBLIC LOOSE LAND OWNERSHIP& ALL LAND TO BE RETURNED TO THE PREVIOUS OWNERS
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: QLD
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: THE GOV HAS STATED THAT ALL LAND TO BE RETURNED TO THE PREVIOUS OWNERS AUST WIDE & THAT THEY WOULD MANAGE ALL LAND ON BEHALF OF THE PREVIOUS OWNERS & THAT ONE WOULD STILL BE ABLE TO SELL CONTENTS [HOUSE ETC] BUT LALL LAND WOULD BE REVERTED TO A LEASE ARRANGEMENT
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: THIS WOULD COME INTO PLACE ONLY IF WE ARE DECLARED A REPUBLIC - THE WORST PART OF THE DEAL WE WOULD LOOSE THE CONSTITUTION
Category: Australia Law
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
MY EMAIL *****@******.***------0409417485
Expert:  John Melis replied 2 months ago.

Dear customer, in the event Australia votes to become a republic the constitution will remain standing and will just be amended. The rule of law will remain. Crown land will remain under the direction of the Federal Government. I am not aware of any Bill that has been presented or discussed in draft form concerning crown land ownership being modified.

There are a lot of issues to becoming a republic which need to be addressed by the law makers at that time.

Kind regards

Dear customer, you have not responded recently. I strive for excellent service and welcome you to raise further questions as required.

Don’t forget to rate me for 5 stars so I can keep on answering your important questions for free.

Kind regards