Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am in QLD, and hit a cow which has resulted in my car

Customer Question
Hi! I am in...

Hi! I am in QLD, and hit a cow which has resulted in my car unable to be driven. I have not yet established if it is a write off or not, due to not really having the finances to do so. Am I able yo seek compensation from the owner of the cow? He was apparently aware his cattle were getting out and being along side the highway near quite a dangerous corner...

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Queensland. Its a 2003 model Toyota Avensis Verso Ultima

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I tried to report it to the cops when the accident happened but they wanted nothing to do with it. They would though have documentation regarding the cow as they had to shoot it due to its injuries. I also have documentation at the hospital as I had a really bad shoulder spasm

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My shoulder is still quite sore from the accident and it has caused emotional distress to myself and 2 of my kids

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Australia Law
8/4/2017
Solicitor: Daniel, Solicitor replied 9 months ago
Daniel, Solicitor
Hello, well the issue is, they could well argue that you were not keeping a watchfull eye out for the cow. A could will likely accept that argument sadly.
I encourage you to send a demand letter, but they may well ignore it.Please click accept and rate my service (with the stars). I am able to answer further questions after doing so at no further cost.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Daniel, Solicitor