Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

I have been charged with 7 counts of larceny as a clerk

Customer Question

Hi there I have been charged with 7 counts of larceny as a clerk totaling an amount of $1100. I'd like to plead guilty. Can I do this outside of court? Can I apply for a section 10? If so how do I go about all of this?
JA: Have charges been filed? Is there a prior criminal record?
Customer: I have received a court attendance notice
JA: In what state did this occur?
Customer: No priors Nsw
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that my whole goal is to avoid criminal convinction and I'm looking for advice on the best possible way to do that
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.
You can write a written notice of pleading. In English, a letter to the court explaining yourself and not need attend court.
I would however strongly advise not to do it, but explain to the court in person. Courts don't like people not attending. It shows some disrespect to the court.To avoid conviction, pay the money back, go to court, plead guilty, then ask for a non conviction.
You should also have character references provided showing your otherwise of good character.Please click accept and rate my service (with the stars). I am able to answer further questions after doing so at no further cost.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.