Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Its regarding claiming for Insurance benefits inside a

Customer Question
Its regarding claiming for...

Its regarding claiming for Insurance benefits inside a superannuation fund, policy holder has a terminal illness

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

WA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

NO

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

ONLY INFO WE HAVE REQUESTED IS CLAIM FORMS

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
8/4/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Morning

You will need to make an application to the Superfund and also provide them with a medical report to show that you have a TPD.

Once it is approved then they will release the funds.

Your doctor has to provide you with a detailed report and then you can claim on your Total and Permanent Disability policy.

If you do not have a medical report you should arrange to get one and the Superannuation Fund may require him to also complete a form for them and you can contact them about this and they will email it to you.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards