Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My permanent resident visa has expired for a few years now…

Customer Question
My permanent resident visa...

My permanent resident visa has expired for a few years now ,can I still apply for citizenship ?

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

Permanent resident

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

What's the Fee's for applying citizenship

Lawyer's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Immigration Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

Ok

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Australia Law
8/3/2017
Solicitor: Guillermo Senmartin,
 replied 1 year ago

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Solicitor: Guillermo Senmartin,
 replied 1 year ago

Sorry about the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

How did you obtain U.S. Lawful Permanent Residency originally? Which expired, a 2 year green card or a 10 year green card?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No I am talking about Australian resident visa
Solicitor: Guillermo Senmartin,
 replied 1 year ago

Ok. Your question ended up in the U.S. immigration law forum. I will opt out and transfer it to the Australia law forum. Please do not respond to me now as it can delay the transfer.

Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 1 year ago
Leon, Solicitor

Good Morning

how long have you been here?