Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

If one client has limited mobility & his physiotherapist put…

Customer Question
Hi , if one...

Hi , if one client has limited mobility & his physiotherapist put an exercise regime then go to holidays for a week , and the client says this exercise is making his mobility worse . should i instruct the client to carry out the exercise ? why is it unethical and legally inadvisable to instruct client without the necessary qualifications ? i am running a social group

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

MANY THANKS

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
8/3/2017
Solicitor: Daniel, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Daniel, Solicitor

Hello
Sadly you are caught in a unenviable position. You are not a specialist, yet you are in a position where a client flagged that he has an issue and making mobility worse.
You have been put on notice sadly, thus I would suggest that he stop the regime at the moment. If you are able to speak with the physio? I find it concerning that there has not been anyone else to fill their place?
If so, advise them as to the issue.

Please click accept and rate my service WITH THE STARS PROVIDED.
I am able to answer further questions after doing do at no further cost to you.

I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.