Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My father has dementia and is 83 years of age ,it is

Customer Question
My father has dementia...

My father has dementia and is 83 years of age ,it is progressing quickly.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

NEW South Wales

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

NO.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am interested in gaining Legal Guardianship of his mendical concerns.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any papers been filed in family court?

NO.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

NSW

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Australia Law
8/2/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 1 year ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Morning

You can make an application with NCAT fro guardianship and get orders

http://www.ncat.nsw.gov.au/Pages/guardianship/guardianship.aspx

This way you do not have to worry about any issues his dementia making anything he signs not valid.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

Good Evening

Is there anything else I can assist you with?