Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I wanted to ask about the legitimacy of a law firm in israel…

Customer Question
I wanted to ask...

I wanted to ask about the legitimacy of a law firm in israel called birman law

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Im in the uk

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I spoke with them yesterday as i have been scammed by a binary options company and they said they specialise in retriving funds lost. The ask for 30% of the lost funds - 12% upfront then 18% after recovery complete

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
8/2/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Evening

I cannot say if they are legitimate or not. But what they claim they can do, is not claimed by any other law firm.

I suspect that you may be ripped off by them and you should make sure you get some form of personal guarantees from them and also contact the Isreal Bar association and see if they can give you any further information.

http://www.israelbar.org.il/english.asp?catid=372&menu=2

But as I said the firm makes claims that under the law I find hard to believe.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

hi leónsurely the reason for paying you the fee is for you to find out for me .... i already suspect it may be a scam can you not find out please

Good Evening.

I am unable to give you more.

I can only give you what I know.

From what i have seen I believe they are a scam as is the binary companies ripping off people. I cannot give you more than that as I am not able to do searches.

When searching the Isreali Bar association they do not come up.

But having said that you are best to contact them yourself.

This is the best I can give you. My searches make me suspicious but I cannot say 100% that they are a scam. Only that to claim they can get money back from isreal from scammers in other countries is hard to believe knowing how the law works