Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am 55 years old, a Korean citizen, and I I want to retire…

Customer Question
Hi Peter, I am...

Hi Peter, I am 55 years old, a Korean citizen, and I I want to retire in Australia. It seems the only way for is through an investment visa. Is my understanding correct that for this -

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Was any immigration paperwork filed with the government?

No I am only making an enquiry before as I am about to buy a property under firb

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer?

No that's why I came to this website

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No..I basically know I will need to have an investment of 500k, plus a annual income of 60k and the visa would need to be renewed after 4 years for a further 2 years and ongoing.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
8/2/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly.

Kind regards

Dear customer, your situation requires assessment on how the legislation will impact on the specifics of your circumstance. Sometimes what should seem straight forward may not always be the case, and this is why lawyers are engaged to determine your legal rights.

Discussing your very important matter by telephone can be easier and more efficient. I will provide a further detailed reply but in the meantime please rate my service.

Kind regards

Dear customer, if you would like to discuss this matter further, I welcome you to request telephone services.

Don’t forget to rate my service.

Kind regards

Dear customer, your matter relates to immigration, and you can you can find the appropriate visa requirement at border security. The link follows: https://www.border.gov.au

I recommend that you review the border security website as there are numerous options to choose. Once you have decided on an option, I then recommend that choose an immigration agent from: https://www.mara.gov.au

You can apply online directly for your visa as required.

Kind regards *****

Dear customer, I can keep answering your questions for free if you can rate my service for excellence.

Kind regards

what a waste of time. I know all this. What did I pay $100 for????? You saw my details...I want to know the answer or refund my money!

Dear customer, immigration requirements are subject to the individual needs of the person. The business visa stream 188 is one possible option to consider: http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/188-

I would recommend that you review the website as you can browse the different types of visas as a first step.

On the information that you have provided in the post does restrict you applying for permanent residency in Australia.

Kind regards *****

Dear customer, I would like to assist you as much as possible.

Kind regards *****

Dear customer,

Don’t forget to rate my service.

Kind regards

Dear customer, if you would like further help, please let me know.

Kind regards