Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

After the death, after the death of a family member in a…

Customer Question
After the death Lawyer's...

After the death

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

After the death of a family member in a work accident is there a time limit on making a claim for compensation

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

There was an inquest the family has made no claim or filed any report

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Australia Law
8/2/2017
Solicitor: LyndaVan, Retired Judge replied 1 year ago
LyndaVan
LyndaVan, Retired Judge

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your family member. In order to assist you I need some additional information. First, please tell me which state the accident accorded in.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Western Australia

I'm sorry but I am not familiar with the law in Australia so I am going to allow one of my colleagues to answer your question.

Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 1 year ago
Leon, Solicitor

Good Evening

Good Evening

When a person passes away the claim for compensation under workers compensation also finishes.

So you cannot make a claim on his behalf.

I am sorry I cannot give you anything more positive.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards