Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

HAve a question about being the manager of a retail store,

Customer Question
HAve a question about...

HAve a question about being the manager of a retail store, no staff can open the store due to sickness and children being sick, No i to have a sick child and no one can look after him I can not attend work, What are my rights ??

Lawyer's Assistant: Was this discussed with a manager, HR, or an attorney?

Regional Manager, She had said well you will have to re talk to your staff and find a way, or alternative care for your child

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment "at will," union, full time, or part time?

Sorry do not understand what :at wil" l means, No i am not in a union and i am Full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that comes to mind at this moment

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
7/31/2017
Solicitor: Daniel, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Daniel, Solicitor

Hello
You are entitled to carers leave.
More info:
https://www.fairwork.gov.au/leave/sick-and-carers-leave

Generally employers need to be flexible with such arrangements and commitments. They need to be open and allow you some time off to tend to an ill child.

I wish to help you in this situation.

I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.