Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

51yrs did 4 months for dui and got bashed in Bathurst ended…

Customer Question
Hi my name is...

Hi my name is ***** ***** did 4 months for dui and got bashed in Bathurst ended up in an induced coma and air lifted to rpa my heel was badly broken and wont be the same do u think I have a case thanks pearl

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

Nsw

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

It was reported

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
7/31/2017
Solicitor: Daniel, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Daniel, Solicitor

Hello
I assume you were bashed whilst in custody?
If so, then yes, you do have a case, if you can prove that corrective services were negligent.
You should speak with a solicitor who deals in such matters, generally Criminal lawyers in NSW deal with such matters. Speak with the law Society and they can refer you to one:
http://www.lawsociety.com.au

You need to gather all your medical reports and the like in support.

It is a common occurrence sadly.

I wish to help you in this situation.

Please click accept / rate my service (WITH THE STARS). I am able to answer further questions after doing so at no further cost to you

I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.