Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Hhi I have a plumbing query is this the right place,

Customer Question
Hhi I have a...

Hhi I have a plumbing query is this the right place

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I hired a plumber to unblock drainage I moved in house in March, called him in May and the house is only eight years old (dont know if that makes a difference) He came and said he needed to dig out back and it will cost me approx $3000 - I needed it done so I paid now since I have had a toilet block twice

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I had a friend unblock it with a plunger once this time I tried calling him because It appears he has not done something he Keeps telling me to look at the point. He apparently told my son. He know has my son diging the back, finding the so called point, unscrewing it and not being able to open that. I believe he should do it, because that is his job and I have paid him. Please advise

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
7/31/2017
Solicitor: Daniel, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Daniel, Solicitor

Hello
Well you are correct.
Issue is, with your son doing ANY work, the plumber may well say (worst case) that your son damaged something.
Have your son 'drop tools' immediately.
Have the plumber attend the home as soon as possible and have the problem rectified.
If there is any further issue, then you are of course at liberty to make a complaint to fair trading / consumer affairs:
https://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/

I wish to help you in this situation.

I wish to help you in this situation.

hi - why am I getting charged 93 when it only said 5

I am not aware as to what payment agreement made with the site.
I do note however that on this end, it appears you have become a member.

Do you want me to report this issue to customer service?

please report the issue to customer service and reverse the transaction. I didn't know I would be paying so much

ok