Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I want to bring my friend from bali to australia for holiday…

Customer Question
I want to bring...

I want to bring my friend from bali to australia for holiday for 4 weeks

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Nsw port macquarie

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

She is waiting for my photo copy of passport bank statement and i got to write a letter saying i will sponsor her

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Im just after a form for myself to fill out

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
7/31/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Afternoon

He has to apply for a visitors visa and show that he has enough money to be able to pay for his time here.

im going to sponor her
i want to sponsor her

You can only sponsor family members not friends

You can send in a letter advising that you will provide accomodation ect and if you are paying for everything but it is not a sponsorship

You can only sponsor a family member.

Here is the link from the department that confirms it is a fmaily stream

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/600-/Visitor-visa-(subclass-600)-Sponsored-Family-Stream-document-checklist

But you can give a statement setting out how you will assist them when they are here but you cannot sponsir them.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

i just need a form to fill out

It does not have to be a form with the department.

But of you wish a sponsorship form you can use the following one

But it is for the family stream as I mentioned

https://www.border.gov.au/Forms/Documents/1149.pdf

Regards

the australian consulate in bali have told her that this is what i have to do send photo copy of my passport bank statement and i have to fill out a form

The form I have sent you is the sponsorship form.