Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am writing an application for a student visa 500 for my…

Customer Question
Hi. I am writing...

Hi. I am writing an application for a student visa 500 for my cousin. I have almost completed the application but I have a few questions. Is this a place where I can ask them?

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Was any immigration paperwork filed with the government?

The visa application is in the name of our cousin, who is only 15 years old. I am her cousin. She has an offer from a school and our plan is for her to live with us. My email address is the oe on the application. We have not submitted anything yet.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I think that's all.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
7/31/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Morning

Your cousin has to be the applicant it cannot be you and if he is overseas he has to lodge it overseas.

It has to be her email and she has to be the party that they talk to.

Is this visa for secondary education and is it through a secondary exchange program?