Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

In July 2015 I took out a one year lease for an Apartment in…

Customer Question
In July 2015 I...

In July 2015 I took out a one year lease for an Apartment in Mornington and was given full rights to sublease it as a holiday -let.

Lawyer's Assistant: Does this involve a written or oral agreement? Is it a month-to-month lease or fixed term?

Within a couple of weeks several serious defects such as water leaking from bath and shower to tenant below became apparent. I am asking the Landlord through VCAT to pay me compensation in a timely way. My claim relates 3,36,53,55,66,73 and 210 of the RTA.

Lawyer's Assistant: Landlord-tenant law varies by city and state. Where is the property located?

I need expert advice on aspects of my claim. Hoping you will bea ble to help

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Jim

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
IT is standard RESI agreement 12 months
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I leased direct from Landlord - no Agent involved
I have requested that the Lawyer phone me on(###) ###-####
Is my matter being reviewed?
Is anyone there?
Why for educational purposes only. This is a real live case.
7/31/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly.

Kind regards

Dear customer, your situation requires assessment on how the legislation will impact on the specifics of your circumstance. Sometimes what should seem straight forward may not always be the case, and this is why lawyers are engaged to determine your legal rights.

Sometimes discussing the matter by telephone is easier and more efficient. I will provide a further detailed reply but in the meantime please rate my service.

Kind regards

Dear customer, if you would like to discuss this matter further, I welcome you to request telephone services.

Don’t forget to rate my service.

Kind regards

Dear customer, the key element to your matter is the lease and the Residential Tenancy Act, which need to be read together to determine the solution to your matter.

Kind regards *****

Don’t forget to rate my service.

Kind regards