How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Your Own Question
Daniel, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5789
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Daniel is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

VIC, I recently found out that I may be able to sue my

Customer Question

JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: VIC
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I recently found out that I may be able to sue my father for unpaid child support. For the most part of my child life.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He never paid anything for my brother and I growing up in fact he stopped working and bought a milk bat in order to cover the fact that he would be able to pay anything when mum threatened with taking him to court during this period.
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: Thanks I was also child abused during his care in the late 80s. As an adult I have experienced ongoing repeated abuse as a young women an adult with no help from my family to get over this, my life has suffered greatly,
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.
I am not aware as to any mechanism that allows a father to be sued by the child for non payment of child support. At all. There are precedents in the USA but not here in Australia, sadly.
I wish I could give better news.
You are obliged to seek victims compensation however regarding the abuse: click accept and rate my service (with the stars). I am able to answer further questions after doing so at no further cost.