Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

VIC, I recently found out that I may be able to sue my

Customer Question

JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: VIC
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I recently found out that I may be able to sue my father for unpaid child support. For the most part of my child life.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He never paid anything for my brother and I growing up in fact he stopped working and bought a milk bat in order to cover the fact that he would be able to pay anything when mum threatened with taking him to court during this period.
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: Thanks I was also child abused during his care in the late 80s. As an adult I have experienced ongoing repeated abuse as a young women an adult with no help from my family to get over this, my life has suffered greatly,
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.
Hello
I am not aware as to any mechanism that allows a father to be sued by the child for non payment of child support. At all. There are precedents in the USA but not here in Australia, sadly.
I wish I could give better news.
You are obliged to seek victims compensation however regarding the abuse:
http://www.victimsofcrime.vic.gov.au/home/going+to+court/compensation+and+financial+assistance/#breadcrumbsPlease click accept and rate my service (with the stars). I am able to answer further questions after doing so at no further cost.