Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

VIC, I recently found out that I may be able to sue my

Customer Question
VIC Lawyer's Assistant: Has...

VIC

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I recently found out that I may be able to sue my father for unpaid child support. For the most part of my child life.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He never paid anything for my brother and I growing up in fact he stopped working and bought a milk bat in order to cover the fact that he would be able to pay anything when mum threatened with taking him to court during this period.

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Thanks I was also child abused during his care in the late 80s. As an adult I have experienced ongoing repeated abuse as a young women an adult with no help from my family to get over this, my life has suffered greatly,

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Australia Law
7/30/2017
Solicitor: Daniel, Solicitor replied 1 year ago
Daniel, Solicitor
Hello
I am not aware as to any mechanism that allows a father to be sued by the child for non payment of child support. At all. There are precedents in the USA but not here in Australia, sadly.
I wish I could give better news.
You are obliged to seek victims compensation however regarding the abuse:
http://www.victimsofcrime.vic.gov.au/home/going+to+court/compensation+and+financial+assistance/#breadcrumbsPlease click accept and rate my service (with the stars). I am able to answer further questions after doing so at no further cost.