Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

Do my parents have a right to deport me back to my country

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: do my parents have a right to deport me back to my country if I am 18??
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?
Customer: Ooh I am an Australian permanent resident maybe I get the wrong websites
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer?
Customer: No I didn't
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: It's alright but am not actually the one who is deported it's my friend who was here last year and he got deported back by his parents. But I am tryin to help him!
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Expert:  Leon replied 2 months ago.

Good Morning

Once you are 18 you are an adult and your parents cannot do anything.

You can only be deported if you have breached the law and are in Australia illegally and it is the Australian government that can do this not your parents.

If you have a permanent visa you have a right to stay and noone can ask you or force you to leave.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards