How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44893
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband and I have cars registered in our business name,

Customer Question

My husband and I have cars registered in our business name, can he report that I stole the car?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Nsw
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No not as far as I know
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Expert:  Leon replied 2 months ago.

Good Evening

As a director of the company he can report the car stolen.

Unless you are authorised to take it by the company the director can report it stolen.

Having said this the police may not get involved because there is a family connection and may say it is a civil matter.

But under the law it can be reported by him if he is the director.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.


Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Should I call the police and tell them what is happening?
Expert:  Leon replied 2 months ago.

If the police call you then you can tell them what happened,

If you are a director as well then you could not have stolen it.

Also is this a family law issue?