Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

My next door neighbor has built a flower bed about 20-30cms

Customer Question

My next door neighbor has built a flower bed about 20-30cms into my property without permission some years back. Can I just cut out the bit on my property? Our house is on the market and I don't want this impacting on any sale.
JA: Is there an easement or public access on the property line?
Customer: No, it is in the front yard, as far as I am aware the fence is in the correct place. Neighbour acknowledges it s on our property but says because it's been there 10 years she doesn't have to pay. I don't know exactly how long it has been there.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No, just trying to keep the peace but she thinks that the land between the fence and flower bed is hers and treats it as such.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that's it
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Expert:  Leon replied 2 months ago.

Good Afternoon

The question is why did you not say anything back then? Or it just a garden or have they built structures?

Do you have a survey?