How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44904
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Second opinion] I am an Australian citizen. I have a

Customer Question

Second opinion] I am an Australian citizen. I have a Vietnamese lady friend who seeks permanent residency in Australia. We are a couple and hope to marry. She has visited Australia 4 times and has no problem getting a tourist visa. As well as her visits to Australia, I have spent time with her in Vietnam. She is 59 and speaks very good English.
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: What is the procedure to apply for long term visa, and how much is it likely to cost?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: Robert Lovett
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that is all
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Expert:  Leon replied 2 months ago.

Good Afternoon

I cannot tell you the process about applying for a visa.

If you are in a legal and legitimate relationship and you wish to get married the law allows you to do so while she is here in Australia and after the marriage you can apply for her to remain here as your wife and you have to provide evidence of the marriage and the relationship.

Provided this applications is lodged before he tourist visa expires under the law she can remain until the department decides to issue the visa.

Her status will be temporary for a period of 2 years an application to have a permanent visa can be made.

The following link has information about the visa and the requirements and you should also seek the assistance of a migration agent to complete the form and get the application lodged.

The law allows the marriage and for her to stay.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.