How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I hit a car from behind i don't have money to pay them back

Customer Question

hello, I hit a car from behind i don't have money to pay them back they says the estimate is 12000. I am an international student here. What is the solution for this.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: victoria
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: not really i dont have insurence
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats all
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Expert:  Leon replied 2 months ago.

Good evening.

Has he given you a quote?

Do not accept what they say, you have to be given a quotation from a panel beater.

The worst that can happen is they sue you and then you have to declare bankruptcy.

It is not a criminal offence and it will not impact on your visa. But all this is a last resort.

If they are not going to give you a quotation you do not do anything.

You also have a right to ask for 2 separate quotes.