How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Melis Your Own Question
John Melis
John Melis,
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 553
Experience:  Principal Lawyer at Legal AU Pty Ltd
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
John Melis is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I currently have received 2 speeding offence tickets in

Customer Question

hi there, i currently have received 2 speeding offence tickets in which i was made to be speeding in a traffic roadworks area which was an automatic drop to a 40 zone from a 100
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: victoria
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes i was documented to be doing 94 and 87 in successive days but i drive there every single day, and have obliged to the limit and therefore state that there must have been a heavy vehicle or a car behind me which may have caused me to panic these fines will prove absolutely detrimental to my life as i require my licence to drive to my two jobs which i need in order to bolster my savings for a future own business which i am studying for and to support my family who are undergoing financial stress
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no I'm more than happy to take 3 or 6 months, but a year is detrimental im also a youth leader and board of committee member which needs to be at social gatherings and meetings
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  John Melis replied 2 months ago.

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly.

Kind regards
John Melis

Expert:  John Melis replied 2 months ago.

Dear customer, your matter involves preparing a defence in relation to the reason why you require your licence. I recommend that if you have not done so already, to obtain a copy of the photographs of the incidents where the claim of speeding is raised, in order to determine the surrounding elements of that offence.

The next important point is to arrange supporting evidence as to why your drivers license is important, with parties providing supporting affidavits, or statutory declarations.

In seeking a lesser penalty to apply where the evidence supports the claim of over speeding, requires careful preparation. I do recommend that due to you being a youth leader and board committee member, that you obtain assistance with preparing a defence from a solicitor.

Kind regards *****