John Melis,
Experience:  Principal Lawyer at Legal AU Pty Ltd
99270703

I would like a copy if possible for the title deed of my

Customer Question

I would like a copy if possible for the title deed of my house to prove ownership please, is that possible?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: South Australia
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: My late husbandmust have put it somewhere but not sure where?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: CAn it be found and can I get a copy...
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  John Melis replied 2 months ago.

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly.

Kind regards

Dear customer, you can obtain a copy of the title to your house. This is done by either contacting the land title office in Adelaide, or using the online services of a agency such as www.infotrack.com.au or SAI Global. Alternatively, you are welcome to engage myself and I can order a title for you.

Kind regards *****

Dear customer, when you request for the title through an agency, or myself, they will need the address of the property, or the Volume and Folio numbers that are noted on the title document, which could be an old copy you may have.

Kind regards *****

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The address is*****Redwood Park South Australia 5097

Dear customer, there are additional fees to search for the title as this is not included in the present just answer charge at present. I welcome you to select call services so I may explain these fees to you.

Kind regards *****

Dear customer, in South Australia, since 4 July 2016, no hard copy paper "certificate of title" is created when the title to the land is registered. A record of the indefeasible title is held by the Registrar-General in the Lands Titles Registration Office. A search copy of that electronic “certificate of title” will set out some of the information held on the electronic Torrens title register.

Kind regards

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'll just speak on line thanks

Dear customer, doing a title search involves a disbursement charge and a handling fee. This fee needs to be explained by telephone as well as obtaining your email address so the results may be sent to you. The service agencies of Infotrack and SAI Global also charge fees.

Kind regards *****

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks, ***** *****'ll try my luck on the Registrar General Lands Titles now

Dear customer, you will be able to order a title there as well.

Thank you for using just answer.

Kind regards *****

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am going through another avenue now thank you, don't need your services..thank you..

Dear customer, you are welcome. Thank you for rating me.

Kind regards *****