John Melis,
Experience:  Principal Lawyer at Legal AU Pty Ltd
99270703

H i pearl i was talking to you before and lost connection.

Customer Question

H i pearl i was talking to you before and lost connection. my question is if my payments are based on the last three months of employment in ;that three months i had forced redundency due to logans law it wasnt considered now that logans law has been abolished shouldnt it be taken into concideration
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: im in queensland
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: if i have no job and cant work and i dont have n employer do i pay tax on my compensation as i have been getting told different information . I would like to know if im on compensation, incapacity payments,or disability paymments as I get different information
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  John Melis replied 2 months ago.

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly.

Kind regards

Dear customer, if the compensation that you have received, is due to a workplace matter, where it is replacing income from employment, that amount will considered as income and taxable.

Kind regards *****

Dear customer, if you would like to discuss this matter further, I welcome you to request telephone services.

Don’t forget to rate my service.

Kind regards