Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

I'm looking for more information on the laws surrounding the

Customer Question
Hi there,I'm looking for more...
Hi there,I'm looking for more information on the laws surrounding the sale/importation of Nootropic substances namely;- Noopept
- Racetams such as Oxiracetam / Aniracetam
- Theacrine
- Tianeptine
- Peptides
- Sarms
- PRL-853There is not much solid information that gives me a tangible answer, I've checked the SUSDP and a lot of these substances aren't on there such as Noopept, however, checking other sources of information there seems to be conflicting info on things like SARMs / Peptides some nootropics etc. Yet some big name vendors still sell these.What I am looking for is:- Are these substances able to be imported into Australia for sale
- Are these allowed to be sold as research substances only not bound by therapeutic goods act 1989 or are they able to be marketed otherwise (based on the information i've seen online)
- More information surrounding these substances & Nootropics / Peptides in general. IS the poisions standard the go to list for seeing what can / cant be sold.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
7/23/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 4 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Morning.

Any substance that is being imported has to be approved by the TGA in Australia.

In each state there are separate laws as well.

Any form of peptides that are substitutions for hormones in athletics you should have them tested and get approval.

Not being listed on any list does not mean you can bring them in. Only if you get clearance from the TGA can you be 100% certain.

In some cases the department of agriculture may also have to get involved.

The only way you are going o be q00% certain about the legality is to provide samples to the TGA and get clearance.

If they are manufactured from animal by products you also need clearance from the department of Agriculture to ensure there is no possibility of any infections coming in that we do not have.

No solicitor can give you a yes or no answer.

They can assist with dealing with the TGA and the various relearn authorities in each state for you to get the clearance and so you can import and sell australia wide without any penalties.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

I need some further information this doesnt really answer my question.
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 3 months ago

Good Morning

What would you like to know?

Leon, Solicitor