Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

I have an upcoming court date (17/7/17) however I am now

Customer Question
hi. I have an upcoming...
hi. I have an upcoming court date (17/7/17) however I am now going to be absent on the day
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And to clarify, can you tell me what paperwork has been filed?
Customer: WA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am just hoping to have someone present there to hopefully postpone the hearing for atleast two weeks
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
7/14/2017
Solicitor: John Melis,
 replied 4 months ago

Dear customer, as I am sure you appreciate, court proceedings are a serious matter. If you are unable to attend leave needs to be sought. I recommend that you engage either a private solicitor or seek the assistance of legal aid immediately.

If you'd like to discuss this matter further, you are welcome to request telephone services.

Kind regards