How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Melis Your Own Question
John Melis
John Melis,
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 272
Experience:  Principal Lawyer at Legal AU Pty Ltd
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
John Melis is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to talk to someone about a problem i have with

Customer Question

i would like to talk to someone about a problem i have with a client, im a stone mason landscaper and had a job cancelled on me and he owes me money
JA: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?
Customer: im in vic and i only asked a barister friend of mine and he said i was better off asking consumer affiars
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: there is no manufacturer
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  John Melis replied 12 days ago.

Dear customer, your matter relates to a debt due.

In relation to your question, where works have been done, and completed or partly completed and have been carried out properly, a claim may be raised against that party in VCAT.

I recommend that if you have not issued proper invoices that you do so on at least two occasions, and if they are not paid, then engage a solicitor to issue demand, following which a claim may be raised at VCAT.

If you would like to discuss your important matter by telephone, please select phone services.

Kind regards *****

Related Australia Law Questions