John Melis,
Experience:  Principal Lawyer at Legal AU Pty Ltd
99270703

I am on workers comp and the law firm used by the union to

Customer Question

Hi My name is***** am on workers comp and the law firm used by the union to re[resent me ar I feel very unproffessional after discussion with a family member who practices law. The man who is dealing with me is both abusive swore at me talks over me and so fast that i cant get a word in and he was my original contact now when he rings he wont tel me his name he says Tony or greg two different people. I have kept quiet as I dont want complaint to jepardise my case. I asked the office person who the practice manager was and when I identified myself she hung up saying she couldnt understand. I tried again and as soon as I asked the same question she hung up again. I did have a female lawyer for 1 week who was very professional and polite but when I rang with the information asked by her I was told she left and your case has not been re assigned
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: ok
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: not yet My niece said to approach them first and I tried
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no just what I can do about this as the phone calls end and I am just so frustrated
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  John Melis replied 3 months ago.

Dear *****i, your question relates to work cover.

In relation to your comments, your initial approach has been correct. I do recommend that you reopen communication with the law firm appointed by the union but only communicate by email. It is important in today's society to had a trail of communication to confirm what has be talked about and discussed. This will assist you significantly dealing with the law firm, especially when staff leave or change.

Furthermore if the law firm is not responding properly to you, and you have tried on numerous occasion to communicate with them, you may raise a claim to the legal services commission/board seeking assistance on the same.

Kind regards *****