How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been paying child support since 2011 and my ex and

Customer Question

I have been paying child support since 2011 and my ex and children moved back to Scotland in june 2012 .
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I have just found out that I am still being accessed on an Australian assessment not her needs and requirements of living in the uk .I have queried this with the human resources and they have basically said tough luck .I feel i am beening over accessed and keep hitting brick walls with hs , I am in Qld
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I cant afford a lawyer and dont qualifie for leagal aidd
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no just want to get the correct advise thanks
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Expert:  Leon replied 3 months ago.

Good Morning

You have too ask for a variation.

If you do not ask for it then your will keep paying what you are.

You can ask for it to be backdated but they may not do it.

Had they been advised of her move to scotland when she moved?