Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

Is it possible for my credit debit cards to be

Customer Question

is it possible for my credit debit cards to be skimmed/duplicated at vietnamese Atm,s or hotels
JA: The Fraud Examiner will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Fraud Examiner can help you best.
Customer: my bank says my credit debit cards and not duplicates were used at anumber of vnamese Atms because they were chipped to me.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Fraud Examiner should know?
Customer: I want to know if my companion used the cards to take money or if there was another explanation such as atm fraud. its not the money its a matter of trust
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Expert:  Leon replied 4 months ago.

Good Morning

Anything is possible. if you suspect that has happened contact you bank immediately and cancel the card.

If your companion has a card then they may have used it.

If you have not traveled to vietnam during that time then you have a case to get the money back.

Did you give your card to anyone?