Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I want to ask a question I am working for the last more then

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: I want to ask a question I am working for the last more then 1 year in a factory through a recruiting agency when I joined after 2 months they published 3 post of permanent workers it was the condition that the casual workers who was working with the factory for the last 3 months can apply I could not apply on this time now the company appointed 2 permanent workers without no advertisement these workers joined the company 6 month before and they have appointed as permanents because they are the relative of the team leaders company violate the law procedure what should the other workers do now who are working before these workers please repeated word guide us
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: nsw
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to know what should I do know
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Expert:  Leon replied 4 months ago.

Good Evening

It is nepotism and if the positions were new then yes they have breached the law.

If they simply changed their positions from casual to full time it is not illegal.

Have you spoken to HR about this?