John Melis,
Experience:  Principal Lawyer at Legal AU Pty Ltd
99270703

Il be back...lost my glasses... I am wanting to cancel

Customer Question

il be back...lost my glasses...
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I am wanting to cancel Telstra but will cost me $500+ to do so. I got a phone call from them early this year re NBN etc and got a new connection cheaper than the old plus extra $10 for Foxtel...awesome. I was paying an extra $26/month. Alot of back and forth and finally last week, I am guessing they have finally fixed the problem and a $74.00 credit is due. All cool. I am moving premises on 3rd july and organised the whole telstra Foxtel to be moved. I was nervous doing this. I received a voicemail messgae this arvo letting me know my disconnecion from here...where I am still living is happening next week and the new connection is going ahead at the new address on 21st June. Settlement is not till the 30th June. I have spent hours with Telstra and just want this over. do i have any rights
JA: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?
Customer: vic...when I had the bundle connected Feb this year
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  John Melis replied 1 month ago.

Dear Customer, under the Australian Consumer Law, you do have rights in your matter. The legal rights you have will depend on any documents that you have signed.