Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

My daugher is in year 11 and has received a warning letter

Customer Question

My daugher is in year 11 and has received a warning letter from her school (public) that due to her attendance record she may not be able to sit for her HSC. The letter is titled "Warning letter for completion of a preliminary Course". It threatens that she may get a non-award, meaning the subject that it relates to may not be awarded and that she may not be able to sit her HSC. She is a good student, who does not make any trouble, but she suffers from anxienty and sometimes finds it hard going to school. Whe deserves and education and is entitled to sit for her HSC.
JA: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: New South Wales
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I have a history of responding to the school regarding her attendance over the last couple of years, requesting the school to help Jasmin where possible. The recent letter is a warning only.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: nothing that comes to mind
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Good Afternoon

There is a requirement that she has to attend a minimum number of days to be eligible to sit the HSC. The school has to sign off on that.

I do not recall what that is but if she is at the point where she is close to those days this is to let her know that she may not qualify.

Does the chill know about he anxiety and have they been working with her about this?