Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I resigned from my job on wednesday as a casual employee i

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I resigned from my job on wednesday as a casual employee i had already recieved my pay slip but then they with held my pay i rang them regarding this only for them to start swearing at me and two days later i still have not recieved my wages from last weeks work , what can i do ?
JA: Well, we require $5.
Customer: i dont even have $5 till i get my pay im a diabetic and havent been able to have my insulin in two days due to not recieving my wages to but more
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Western Australia
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no it has not , the pay lady who sent me my payslip later messaged me that day saying she had been instructed to hold my pay till i spoke to the manager i tryed several times to ring the manager but just got directed to someone else
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: when i took this job 1 month ago which was working away from home i was told the rate i would be on plus penalties but when i got to site my pay then became a flat rate with no penalties , the reason i took the job was because of the penalties
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Good Morning.

You have paid more than $5.00 for this question.
You have to paid up to the day that you leave.

Have they paid you everything until the date you left?