How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Younger brother has been living off my elderly mother for

Customer Question

Younger brother has been living off my elderly mother for years. 18 months ago we had to put her into a nursing home. He has used up her savings. The nursing home has demanded the bond required to keep my mum at nursing home. Myself and siblings have been paying rates, body corporate on her unit but money has run out. My brother won't leave he told us he had applied for emergency housing but turns out to be yet another lie. Could you please advise us. We need for mum to stay in home due to her poor health. Thank you.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Her unit is owned ny her. I am her power of attorney. Her unit is in Epping, NSW
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I don't know how to do anything like that and there is no more money to pay her unit expenses or her nursing home.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I think that is about it. My mum has suggested a court order to get my brother out.
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Expert:  Leon replied 4 months ago.

Good Morning

Does he have a power of attorney for your mother?