Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

My brother is a butcher in Tamworth and had an accident at

Customer Question

My brother is a butcher in Tamworth and had an accident at work and cut his 3 fingers, he is awaiting surgery to hopefully reattach his fingers tomorrow . Meanwhile does he get workers compensation?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Nsw
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: It happened at his workplace inThomas Foid Intl. before 7 pm and he's been in hospital awaiting for surgery tomorrow. What does he need to file?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He's been working there as a contract butcher in Thomas Food Intl. he's Filipino nationality been working there since July 29,2016. Where does he stand amongst all this?
Category: Australia Law
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello? Anybody home???
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When is this connection going to happen you think??
Expert:  Leon replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Expert:  Leon replied 2 months ago.

Good Morning.

My apologies for the delay.

He may be eligible. If the employer has been negligent and not put in place the appropriate safety requirements then yes.

If your brother failed to use the equipment then he has contributed and any compensation is reduced.

He has to get a work cover certificate from his doctor and lodge it with his employer. It then becomes a matter for the insurer to determine if the employer was responsible.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

.