Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I reversed into a car on the 4th May but as i reversing the

Customer Question

Hi i reversed into a car on the 4th May but as i reversing the other drove into a disability park and was not parked into thr parking space properly i have photos of the way she was parked unfortunately my insurance policy was lasped at that period they have sent me the insurance letter but no quote at thus present stage i was wanting advice do we send photos to the company as i am currently a pensioner i lost my pensioner card on 1st June due to the death of my daughter
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: Nsw and its a 2011 nissan maxima
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No she reported it to her insurance company
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Expert:  Leon replied 4 months ago.

Good Evening.

Are you asking if you can blame the other side for not parking property?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
as i have taken photos for proof
Expert:  Leon replied 4 months ago.

Good Afternoon

You have to send them the photos and argue the point. If they refuse then you are going to have to consider defending their claim in court.

You advise them that the person parked has contributed to the damage not parking properly and where they were it made it hard for your to see their car.

You will be liable for part of it not all of it if you are successful in your argument.