How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am seeking help with submitting a claim for non payment

Customer Question

I am seeking help with submitting a claim for non payment through the Small claims tribunal. Their web site suggest before submitting a claim I should seek legal advice. Is this something you can assist with?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Western Australia
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No not yet,
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I had an agreement in place with my ex husband who borrowed $15,000 from me with an agreement to repay plus interest. We are separated now and he is refusing to honor this Agreement.
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 months ago.

Ok, so when was the loan agreed upon? Before, or after he was the ex husband?

Was there a property settlement when you divorced?