How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I thought I was chatting with Leon but I don't feel I am

Customer Question

I thought I was chatting with Leon but I don't feel I am getting clear answers and he has stopped responding to me. I still have questions. Thanks
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: South Australia, Adelaide
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Perhaps review conversation I have already had with Leon?
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Expert:  Leon replied 3 months ago.

Good Morning

I did respond.

Anything that is done post separation you would make sure that you can identify it and claim it so that he gets nothing.

You should be able to show receipts of what you purchased and what work you paid for and they should be dated post separation.

These are quarantined.

You would ask for them back.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I had further questions but you seemed to have signed me off..
Expert:  Leon replied 3 months ago.

The quicker you put on your application the better.

There values on the application are as at the date of the application not the separation.

So you have to make it clear what you have done since separation and you will be seeking that you get that back as the other side has not made any contribution.

Expert:  Leon replied 3 months ago.

Here is some information on post separation contributions.

Expert:  Leon replied 3 months ago.

Is there anything else I can assist you with?