How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44909
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I injured myself this morning after I slipped on an old

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I injured myself this morning after I slipped on an old telstra manhole cover. I'm not seriously injured but my knee, wrist, hands and neck are pretty sore. Just wondering what I should do about it. The cover I slipped on is one of the old big iron Telecom covers that takes up the whole footpath which is on a slope and when it's wet it's very slippery.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Tasmania
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I called the Council who referred me to Telstra. I spoke to someone there who said that they'd get someone from Damages to call me back.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no I don't thin kso
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Expert:  Leon replied 5 months ago.

Good Afternoon

Do you have a photo of the manhole etc.

Have you got medical evidence as to the injury and that is was from the fall and what the long term prognosis is?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I can get a photo of the manhole. I've got photos of cuts on my knee, my neck and shoulder are sore and stiff but I've not been to the dr.
Expert:  Leon replied 5 months ago.

Good Afternoon

You have to go to the doctor and also take photos of the injuries you have suffered and if you have names of any wishes they will also be important.

Once you have a medical report about the time you will be unable to work or do your normal day to day activities then you can seek to get some compensation from them and will have to see a no win no fee solicitor.

If the injuries are minor with nothing long term your compensation is limited to any loss of wages and medical expenses and nothing more.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.