Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

My poodle was attached by2 dogs pit and staffy I would like

Customer Question

my poodle was attached by2 dogs pit and staffy I would like some legal advice and is this very expensive
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: western australiia
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes I reported the attach to my local council City of swan
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: is this a free service?
JA: The Lawyer's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: how much
Category: Australia Law
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
it was on the 25th April outside my property when 2 dogs were walking without leads on a public footpath i know this as I have cameras on my property, the girl was told by the owner that the dogs are ok with leads on open spaces but this was at the end of a cul de sac where many people walk their dogs as it is the footpath for everyone to use when they are walking my dog is a poodle and she did not have her lead on as she was on my property (her home), the 2 dogs attacked her and she is very lucky to be alive not to mention the trauma we all experienced. I would like to know if the dog owner is liable to pay me the vet fee of $3,000 as he is only willing to pay half but i don''t think that is very fair as it was my dog who was attacked by 2 dogs without leads
Expert:  Leon replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Expert:  Leon replied 5 months ago.

Good Evening

Do you know who the owners are? Did the cameras document the attack?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I do and yes I have the incident on my ctv camera
Expert:  Leon replied 5 months ago.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

You can send the owners a letter of demand and request they pay the costs.

Also report it to council and they will take action against the dogs.

The link show the process of suing them for the money.

https://www.artslaw.com.au/info-sheets/info-sheet/debt-recovery-small-claims-procedure-wa/

He is liable as he did not have his dogs restrained and allowed them to attack your dog.

if the dogs entered your land and attacked that is even more evidence that the owner is liable.