How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask kmslaw Your Own Question
kmslaw, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 210
Experience:  I have 15 years legal experience behind me and I graduated from the University of Sydney with First Class Honours in Arts/Law.
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
kmslaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am on a residential Strata committee which recently

Customer Question

Hi I am on a residential Strata committee which recently recieved an offer to buy the whole complex for redevelopment . one of the owners has accused me in front of others of being the one who instigated the offer in the first place, which is not true. What can I do to put a stop to this ?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: New South Wales
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Only verbal accusations only at this point , the offer was sent to the strata manager by email and sent to me to inform the owners to seek there response
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Im feelin the owner in Question is now becoming vindictive to me to the point that I feel a need to resign from the committee and even feel it would be much easier to find somwhere else to live
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  kmslaw replied 4 months ago.

hello my name is***** am a solicitor in NSW who will assist with your inquiry today. You can sue for defamation if the accusation is false but I presume you don't want to spend the tens of thousands of dollars it takes to do that? If you do, I can help you to do that. If you don't, then you really have to decide if you can stick around with the accusation out there already. Let me know if you want help with the defamation suit.

Expert:  kmslaw replied 4 months ago.
Hello. You didn't rate my answer. Was there something else you needed to know or was my answer okay for you? Let me know.