Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

Is it necessary for me to have a lawyer for the application

Customer Question

is it necessary for me to have a lawyer for the application of a no fault divorce?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I am out of Australia my wife is in Brisbane we will be diling together *filing
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: not yet My question is do i need to provide a lawyers information for the forms etc to be submitted?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Ideally i would rather wait until i receive the paperwork before having a lawyer look ove rit etc
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Expert:  Leon replied 4 months ago.

Good Morning.

If it is simply to end the marriage you can do it yourself. If it is for a property settlement or for children then it is best you have a solicitor as it is not a simple matter.

You do not need to have a lawyer for a joint divorce application.

It only ends the marriage.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards