Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

Sorry its late my sons ex girlfriend of 111 years took of

Customer Question

hi sorry its late my sons ex girlfriend of 111 years took of with his new car she got him to sign in hr name as he lost his licence but she has taken of out of state, now we have got the car back in his name and now nsw police are saying we need a recovery order we are in vic its nt right the car is under full finance in my sons name the police said we need a recovery order
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: the car is reg in victoria but she has taken the car to nsw and hidden it in her sisters garage today we finally ot the car back ni my sons name
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes we called the police in nsw they said we need a recovery rder i dont get it it is my sons car
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: my son on his way to sydney he is awaiting my call to see if i have to go to court i feel sad
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Expert:  Leon replied 5 months ago.

Good Morning.

He has to go to court and get an order that he can collect the vehicle from her.

He has to make an application with the Local court for a property recovery order.

It does not matter, he has to have an order for the police to get involved.

They will not get involved in matters that are family law related as these are civil matters not criminal.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards